Image fuzzy - Verio worked on it for an hour and gave up

General ShopSite user discussion

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 pm

http://www.eredsage.com/store/Cocktails ... Logan.html

Verio worked for an hour trying to find out why this image is out of focus. I just went to the page to get the url and all the subproducts are showing and not the main product more information page.

So now we have two issues. Fuzzy image and all subproducts listed instead of main product.

May I please have help with these issues. Verio is listed as the support for your product, but they sent me to you as they can't find how to fix.

Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:25 pm

The image is fuzzy because it is being stretched. The code is displaying the image at:
width="190" height="317"

where the actual size of the image is:
width="121" height="203"

You can check if it is the image attributes which are not correct (Images > Edit Image), or you can check if the custom template has the dimensions hard coded.

For your second question, if you would like the parent product to be listed with the subproducts you will need to either modify your custom template so that it always displays the parent product as well as the subproducts, or you will need to assign the parent product to itself.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:06 pm

The image is fuzzy because it is being stretched. The code is displaying the image at:
width="190" height="317"

where the actual size of the image is:
width="121" height="203"

You can check if it is the image attributes which are not correct (Images > Edit Image), or you can check if the custom template has the dimensions hard coded.

Thank you, but this doesn't make sense. Image uploaded is very large, much larger than 190 x 317. So the actual size isn't 121 x 203. So can you please explain? How do I check to see if template is hard coded incorrectly?

For your second question, if you would like the parent product to be listed with the subproducts you will need to either modify your custom template so that it always displays the parent product as well as the subproducts, or you will need to assign the parent product to itself.

Again, this doesn't make sense. The parent product is the only one which should show. The subproducts are only for download of each ebook format. However, there has to be a image of the product for the product download format to show up in the cart. The subproduct should never show to a customer or show up on a page anyone can see.

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:55 pm

It looks like the image that is being displayed is one of the resized images. In your ShopSite back office go to Images > Configure, and check the settings for the resize image 2. If those settings have a max width of 190 (or 191) or a max height of 317 (or 318). Then save changes at the bottom. This will return you back to the images screen. Find the large image, media/BookCoverseBooks/CocktailsAtTiffanys.jpg, highlight the image, and select "Create Resized Images." This will recreate the resized images. This should fix the issue. If it does not, then it is possible that there is a permissions issue on the server, or a .img file for the resized image which has different dimensions and a permission that cannot be changed. I cannot verify either of these. It is something that you would need to have Verio correct on the server for you (by changing the permissions, or deleting the .img file for that image and clicking "create resized images" again), or you can submit your server (FTP) access to one of the techs at ShopSite (over the phone, or you can call and get the URL to a secure form where you can submit that information) and we can change those settings for you. Do keep in mind, support should be coming from Verio, or should be escalated through Verio who could provide the ShopSite techs with server access so we can fix the issue.

If you go to Images > Configure, and the settings for the resized image 2 are set to something like max width of 121 (or 122) or a max height of 203 (or 204), then save changes at the bottom, and again hightlight the image and press "Create Resized Images." Next, go to Utilities > Publish > Regenerate, to recreate all of your store pages, including this product's more information pages, and any pages this product is assigned to or places that this image may be used (such as category pages). See if this fixes the issue. If it does not, then either check the permissions mentioned above, or check the template. Since your website is using a custom template, I cannot see if the template is hard coding the image size or not without viewing the actual template. You could try checking this yourself by going to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Page/Product > Red-Sage-product-template.html > Edit Template. Search for both the [-- PRODUCT.Graphic --] (or [-- IMAGE Product.Graphic --] or [-- PRODUCT.Graphic Remove_HTML --]) and search for [-- PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --] (or [-- IMAGE PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --] or [-- PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic REMOVE_HTML --]. Check the code around those tags and see if it has width="190" or height="317" around it somewhere hard coded. If it does, you will want to remove that, then go to Utilities > Publish > Regenerate. Note, this is a custom template, it may effect other products (all products using this template) so you may want to duplicate this template (for a backup) in case you need to revert it back to correct issues it may cause for other products.

For the subproduct issue, the template controls how the subproducts are displayed. The custom template that you are using specifies that if there are subproducts, to display those subproducts in a pull down menu. This is good if you have a single product which is available in different formats (like you will be doing soon). So a customer can go to the product's more information page and can select what format they want, Adobe Reader, HTML, etc, then when they add that to the cart, the correct product/download, and the product price (if different formats are different prices) will be added to the cart. If you do not want the subproducts displayed at all, you will need to remove the subproducts from that product (Products > Select Subproducts > Remove All Subproducts), or you will need to have your designer change the template so that the subproducts are displayed differently/not displayed at all, and that the parent product information is displayed with the add to cart button.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Lauren,

Thank you! I will have to look at this later as I am at a business conference and have an event I have to go to. I am booked almost all day tomorrow so I will look at this probably on Sunday.

Thank you so very much for your help!

Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA

Return to User Forum