USA & Canadian Shipping dilemma.. anyone know of a solut

General ShopSite user discussion

USA & Canadian Shipping dilemma.. anyone know of a solut

Postby BRITANUCK » Fri May 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi there,

Ok I am running Shopsite 8.1 Pro and i have a question about excluding certain shipping options from the pull down menu based on if they are from the US or Canada.

The problem we are having is that we have a flat Canadian rate of $9.99 anywhere in Canada, but some US customers are continuing to select this option instead of the 2 US shipping options in the same pull down list.

Is there a way in shopsite i can exclude this flat rate shipping option similar to the way the free shipping option works in the back office.

If not, is there something that can be added to the shopping cart in the html template that can do this for me?

Thanks in advance for help!

BRIT
BRITANUCK

Postby BFChris » Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 pm

This sounds like something I just read about in the description ofLexiconn's Shopsite shipping module:

http://www.lexiconn.com/ecommerce/shopsite/shipping_module.html

Which let's you:

"configure all of the built-in shipping options in ShopSite (shipping by weight, shipping by currency, flat shipping, etc...) and place restrictions on what countries or states apply to each option, restrict which products can be allowed for a certain option, and more."
~~Barefoot Chris
--------------------------------
Barefoot Chris Web Design
www.barefootchris.net
--------------------------------
BFChris

Postby gentlemans01 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:54 am

we recently implemented the lexiconn module, (for similar reasons in our store) and it does exactly what Brit was looking for..

Regards,
Chris
Chris
https://www.historicalemporium.com
gentlemans01

Postby pssventu » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Looks like they will only let you have the module if you are their customer. Any solutions within shopsite?
pssventu

Postby bucolic » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:19 pm

pssventu wrote:Looks like they will only let you have the module if you are their customer. Any solutions within shopsite?

Under Commerce Setup>Order System>Shopping Cart in the field
Javascript added at start of
built-in CheckIt function:

We used the following script to stop the customer if they select Standard ground shipping. It pops upa warning box and makes them cahnge the shipping before they can proceed. I hate to say I am not real sure how we got it to work but it does work and eliminated the problem for us. Perhaps someone in here that is better with javascript could assist you further if you can't modify the below script to work in your cart. Hope it helps.

if (document.order.shipping[0].type == "radio") {
for (var i=0; i < document.order.shipping.length; i++)
{
if (document.order.shipping[i].checked)
{
var rad_val = document.order.shipping[i].value;
}
}
}
else {
var rad_val = document.order.shipping.value;
}

if (button == "8" && document.order.country.value != "US" && (rad_val == "reg" || rad_val == "m3")) {
alert("You appear to be shipping outside of the US. International customers cannot select Standard Ground USA Only or In Store Pickup as shipping methods. Please click ok and choose an International Shipping method and you can then proceed to checkout. Thank you.");
return(false);
}
Using Shopsite 12:Pro
Hosted By Lexiconn
bucolic

Here is the code for a select box

Postby aldrichdesigner » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 am

In case someone is wondering how to do this check using the select box for shipping here it is....

var shipoption=document.order.shipping.options[document.order.shipping.selectedIndex] //this refers to "selectmenu"
if (document.order.country.value != "US" && (shipoption.value!="reg" || shipoption.value!="sec" || shipoption.value!="nex")){

alert("You appear to be shipping outside of the US. International customers cannot select Standard Ground Rates as shipping methods. Please click ok and choose an International Shipping method and you can then proceed to checkout. Thank you.");
return(false);
}
aldrichdesigner

Return to User Forum