View Cart Button

General ShopSite user discussion

View Cart Button

Postby JuliefromWY » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 pm

My "View Cart" Button shows up when I preview a page in the upper right corner (where I want it) but when I publish, it does not show up at all. What am I missing?
JuliefromWY

Re: View Cart Button

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:53 pm

What version of ShopSite are you using? Are you using a ShopSite provided template or one you have created?

Is the "button" an actual image or is it text that has css to style it as a button?

If you view the html source of the published page is there code there to display the button?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby JuliefromWY » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm using ShopSite Manager version 11.2. I'm using a template (classy template).

I'm actually not positive about image vs. text but I'm assuming it's text as it has code (again, no idea!)

It does show up in my source page (see below) so I'm assuming I have something formatted wrong:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta name="generator" content="ShopSite Manager 11 sp2 r4 (sc - classy_pa_template.sst)">

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="">
<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="scarves, scarf slides, scarf knots, steppin out slide, stepping out scarf slide, rawhide scarf knot, rawhide knot, scarf, scarves, hackamore, hackamore slide">
<META NAME="Robots" CONTENT="index,follow">
<META NAME="Googlebot" CONTENT="index,follow">
<META NAME="Rating" CONTENT="general">
<META NAME="Revisit-after" CONTENT="2 days">
<title>Scarf Slides</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* Links */
/* Regular Page Links */
/* Note: Links and Extras tables use different styles */
a {
color: #4A5D21;
}

a:active, a:hover {
}

a:visited {
}

/* Link Menu Links */
div.left_pagelinks, div.right_pagelinks {
padding-bottom: 20px;
}
div.left_pagelinks a, div.left_pagelinks span, div.right_pagelinks a, div.right_pagelinks span {
display: block;
text-align: left;
}
a.link_name, div.left_pagelinks a, div.left_pagelins span, div.right_pagelinks a, div.right_pagelins span {
color: #F4F6EE;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 12pt;
}

a.link_name:active, a.link_name:hover, div.left_pagelinks a:hover, div.right_pagelinks a:hover {
}

a.link_name:visited, div.left_pagelinks a:visited, div.right_pagelinks a:visited {
}

/* View Cart Link (text only) */
a.pa_view_cart {
text-decoration: none;
}

a.pa_view_cart:active, a.pa_view_cart:hover {
}

a.pa_view_cart:visited {
}

/* Product Links */
a.pr_graphic, a.pr_name, a.pr_sku {
}

a.pr_more_info_link {
}
JuliefromWY

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:49 pm

That is just style information for the page so it doesn't necessarily have the code for the View Cart button.

Looking in my test store there are two possible places for the Classic theme view cart button /link. One is in the right column (button) and the other is in the navigation at the top of the page.

I would need to see the actual page to see what the problem may be. Can you post a link to a page that has the problem?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby JuliefromWY » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 pm

It shows up on this page (home page) and a couple of other "informational" pages:

http://www.customcowboyshop.com/index.html

But doesn't show up on this page (nor any of my other product pages)
http://www.customcowboyshop.com/bits.html

Thanks so much for your help!
JuliefromWY

Postby Jim » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:56 am

I have tried to recreate this problem in three different test stores and have not been able to recreate it.

I noticed that on some of your pages the View Cart button does display but it is at the bottom under all of the products. The Bits page you gave the link to does have the button just at the bottom. The Hobbles page has the button displaying properly. On other pages I couldn't find the button anywhere.

Can you compare the Bits and Hobbles pages and see what you might have set differently for Pages > Edit Page Layout. It may be some setting that might not seem to affect anything but that it.

Also try adding some of the products from one page to the other and see if that makes a difference, it could be that you have some bad html in a product description that is commenting out so other html formatting.

You could also try removing all products from the Bits page and see if the view cart button then displays. If it does try adding the products back one at a time to see if you can isolate which one causes the problem.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to User Forum