Paypal Web Pro API Certificate

General ShopSite user discussion

Paypal Web Pro API Certificate

Postby ransomnote » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:10 am

I have downloaded the certificate from paypal and inserted it into the field in ShopSite, but i get this error upon save.

Missing or incomplete Digital Certificate

Can someone please help me with this problem.

The api certificate that i downloaded is just a bunch of numbers and letters like

live_api
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
2aiGozptX2RlnBktH+SUNpAa
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

There are much more inbetween the opening and closing tags, but you get the idea. This is my first run with api's so please inquire.
ransomnote

Postby Jim » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:15 am

Make sure you have all the leading and trailing dashes.
I think you need to have a single empty line after the last line but maybe not. Try with and without blank lines following the final dash.
Jim
Site Admin

PayPal Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout Settings

Postby netcityshops » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Shopsite 10
On the PayPal Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout Settings screen I get the same error message but...

When I go to paypal's View API Certificate page
I'm given:
API Username
API Password
Signature

nothing called a certificate and nothing that looks like an ssl certificate with the --- BEGIN ---- type business, just on line of characters for a 'Signature'.

When I use the 'signature' as the certificate, then I get "Missing or incomplete Digital Certificate."

Any suggestions where to get the certificate or how to use the signature?
netcityshops

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:09 pm

ShopSite does not use the API Signature currently, only the API Certificate.

If you have an API Signature listed when you click View API Certificate, then you need to Remove this Signature first, then go through the Request API Credentials function again and choose Request API Certificate this time.

If you have some other application that is currently using the API Signature, then you will probably not want to do this (it will invalidate that API Signature), you will instead need to get a new PayPal account and generate the API Certificate in it. Until such time that either PayPal allows use of the Signature and Certificate at the same time, or ShopSite allows use of a Signature or Certificate in its settings.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby alabita » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi,

Can you explain this a little more. In order to st up the paypal API Shopsite requires an API user/PW and Cert. Where does the signature come into play?

Thanks,
alabita

Postby Jim » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:47 pm

The signature method is newer than the API method. ShopSite implemented PayPal before the signature method was available so it is not currently supported. But PayPal does not allow both methods on a single account so if you have multiple stores that use the different methods you have to have different PayPal accounts for each method.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby alabita » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:36 am

Thanks for the explanation.

Anthony
alabita

Return to User Forum