fonts, templates

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

fonts, templates

Postby charleshuff1953 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:57 pm

I would like to know if the templates used with a theme are published somewhere? for example: Multi-Use-Product-template.sst is used in which themes? I cannot find this info in any reference.

Reason for asking: I need a listing of the more easy to modify templates. as I am a beginner at css and yes even html... having modified a product template I need to decide which templates are likely to work with my modifications...

Also,

What is the best way to show fonts in a pull down for shop site? My desire is to show the actual font when the selection is made for a product...
If this is not possible, what is the preferred way to handle font selection inside shop site?
charleshuff1953

Re: fonts, templates

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 am

Go to http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates.shtml
click on the theme images and it takes you to a page that gives details about the theme including how colors are used and what files are used by the theme.

The easiest way to show "fonts" if that is what you are selling would be to have a picture of the various fonts. In order for a browser to display a particular font is must be available on the shoppers computer or it must be downloaded at the time it is being displayed and then loaded into memory so it can display in the browser. Having just an image for each font would require fewer resources for the shopper and the server your store is hosted on.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions