Questions about elite template

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Questions about elite template

Postby MapRef41N93W » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi, how do I edit the elite_001_pr template so that the order options pull down menus only show up in the more info page? I loaded it up in the template editor but I can't seem to find the order options tag anywhere.

Also how do I make the price show up by the add to cart button rather than over top of the order options?
MapRef41N93W

Re: Questions about elite template

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:22 pm

The actual code for the product layout is found in the include file core_001_pr_basic_product.sst so that is the file you need to edit to remove the options from the regular pages. There is a section of code like this that you should be able to just remove.
Code: Select all
[-- ELSE_IF PRODUCT.DisplayOrderingOptions "checked" --]<span class="pr_option_text">
            [-- PRODUCT.OptionText --]</span><br>
            [-- ORDER_OPTION_MENU COLUMN --]<br>

The moreinfo section of the product template is coming from the include file core_001_pr_basic_moreinfo.sst . Since you said you want to remove the order options from the main store pages and just have it on the moreinfo page, I assume that you are wanting to move the price on the moreinfo page? If that is the case then this is the section of code that displays the price information .
[-- IF PRODUCT.DisplayPrice --][-- IF PRODUCT.VariablePrice? --]<span class="pr_price" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[--STORE.Price --]: [-- STORE.CurrencySymbol --]<input type=text name="[-- PRODUCT.RecordNumber --]:price" size="4" maxlength="10" value=""></span>[-- ELSE --][-- IF PRODUCT.QuantityPricing --]<span class="pr_price" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[-- PRODUCT.QuantityPricing --]</span>[-- ELSE --][-- IF PRODUCT.SaleOn --]<span class="pr_price_sale" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[-- PRODUCT.Price --]</span> <span class="pr_sale_price" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[-- STORE.OnSaleText --] [-- PRODUCT.SaleAmount --]</span>[-- IF PRODUCT.AltPrice --]<br><span class="pr_alt_price_sale" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[-- PRODUCT.AltPrice --]</span> <span class="pr_alt_sale_price" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[-- STORE.OnSaleText --] [-- PRODUCT.AltSaleAmount --]</span>[-- END_IF --][-- ELSE --]<span class="pr_price" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[-- PRODUCT.Price --]</span>[-- IF PRODUCT.AltPrice --]<span class="pr_alt_price" style="[-- VAR.pr_price_size --][-- VAR.pr_price_styles --]">[-- PRODUCT.AltPrice --]</span>[-- END_IF --][-- END_IF --][-- END_IF --][-- END_IF --]<br>[-- END_IF --]

You will need to move that code down in the template to just below this line
[-- IF PRODUCT.DisplayOrderingOptions "checked" --]<span class="pr_option_text">[-- PRODUCT.OptionText --]</span><br>[-- ORDER_OPTION_MENU COLUMN --]<br>[-- END_IF --]

I think that is all you would need to do but I didn't actually try it out. Make copies of the ShopSite include files listed above. You will have to give them a different name since you can't have a copy created with the same name as the ShopSite template. I usually just use the same name but add a 1 after it. I thne edit that file to make the changes and then use the copy option to give it the same name only with the 1 removed so it will now have the same name as the original ShopSite file. With the file being named the same as the ShopSite version your file will be used instead of the ShopSite file. If it doesn't workout like you want just delete your edited version and the ShopSite version will be used again for the next time you publish. (Use Utilities > Publish > Regenerate after making template changes, the Publish flag doesn't pop up when editing templates.)
Jim
Site Admin

Postby MapRef41N93W » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Alright I tried to do that, but nothing happens. I edit the file as you said to do, save it, make a copy of it with the same name as the original include and regenerate but nothing happens. If I go back into the include none of my changes were saved. I'm confused....

Edit: Figured it out. You have to click "save and reload" and then "save changes" and it worked.
MapRef41N93W

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Glad you got that figured out. Save Changes should have saved it, you shouldn't have to use the Save and Reload option for doing this.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby MapRef41N93W » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Yeah I don't know why it didn't work with just save changes. Also the price on my more info page is still showing above the order options after moving it like you said to.
MapRef41N93W

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:02 am

Did that change make any difference at all on the page?

You did publish the site again, correct? If not go to Utilities > Publish and click Regenerate.
Make sure that you renamed the include file exactly the same name as the ShopSite include file.
Check to see what page template is assigned to the store page the product is assigned to. The product template can be overridden in the page template so it may not be using the template that is assigned to the product.

What is the url to your site so we can see better what is happening.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 am

I just tried the above change in my test store and it did move the price below the options and just above the Quantity input box and add to cart button.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby MapRef41N93W » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 am

Yep I've done all that. I can see in the include that the display price section is below the order options sections. My url is silvercloudcomputers.com/store
MapRef41N93W

Return to Custom Template Questions