Help with Handling Charges

General ShopSite user discussion

Help with Handling Charges

Postby aadolf4869 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:45 am

Ok, our site offers some products that require Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Shipping... There is an extra shipping charge of $28.50 for this. I added the fee under handling, but then it adds the fee for each item, and I need it to just be a one time fee if certain products are purchased.

For example, if they order 1 can the fee is $28.50, also if they order 2-3-4, etc... The fee is only charged once. The handling fee under product multiplies the fee. How can I change this?
aadolf4869

Re: Help with Handling Charges

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Under Commerce Setup > Shopping Cart you could enable the Surcharge feature. Since this is shopper selectable you'd want to to probably add some JavaScript to ensure that if certain products were in the cart that the Surcharge was selected. You can add your JavaScript to ShopSite's checkit function by placing the code in the box at the bottom of the Commerce > Shopping Cart (note that this is a Pro only feature.)
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Re: Help with Handling Charges

Postby weddingfavorsource » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:36 pm

I also need to have a setup fee per product (not per quantity) on several of my items and I tried using the solution you supplied below with the Surcharge. It does not pass the $ amount specified into the cart. It does add a Surcharge line item at Checkout but the amount is zero. Here is the code I entered in the Surcharge box:

Add personalized glassware setup fee of $39.00?;n
No
Yes, add personalized glassware setup fee of $39.00;39.00
weddingfavorsource

Return to User Forum