search results not showing pages

General ShopSite user discussion

search results not showing pages

Postby FredW » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:26 am

Hi folks,

For responsive design reasons, we have changed our theme from line sections to familiar. One of the things that is different is the search results page. If the product one is searching for has a more information page, that link shows but the page it is listed on does not show up any more. If the product does not have a more information page, the page it is listed on does show up.

I had formatting issues with the search results pages and had to make some changes to the default templates in the search layout configuration pages. Maybe my template changes have caused this.

My question for you: Is some configuration search setting I can make that will give search results showing the pages the products shows up on regardless of it having a more information page or not and formats correctly on the results page?

Thanks in advance,
Fred
FredW

Re: search results not showing pages

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:58 pm

The layout of the products and links on the search results are defined by the templates that are configured on Preferences > Search settings Search Layout. There are 3 different templates associated with search, the search results page template, the product layout template and the search link template. You can try setting those back to the one you had originally and see if that makes it display as you desire. I know that some of the newer themes always show the moreinfo page link for products if they have a moreinfo page, because that is the place where the shopper can get the most information about the product in the shortest amount of time. (i.e. they don't have to click multiple links to get to the page with the buy button for the product).
Jim
Site Admin

Return to User Forum