Can not add items to page

General ShopSite user discussion

Can not add items to page

Postby DavidK » Thu May 21, 2015 8:35 am

When I go to list of pages and select a page then select assign items select products and then click proceed I choose a product from the products not assigned section and click add I am redirected back to the list of pages and the item does not get added to the page. Anyone else have this problem.
DavidK

Re: Can not add items to page

Postby Jim » Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 am

Are you publishing the store after adding the product? There should be a publish tab popup on the top right of the screen that you need to click to publish the changes. You can also republish the entire site by going to Utilities > Publish > and click the Regenerate button. Also make sure on that screen that you have the checkbox to Generate HTML pages during update checked.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby DavidK » Thu May 21, 2015 9:57 am

I should be able to add multiple items and see each item added to the upper box. Once all the items are added then I can publish. The problem started when I tried to delete one item and it would not delete the item. I made the mistake of clicking remove all items and that worked like a charm. I figured I would just go back and add the items I wanted back to the page and that didn't work. If i publish now that page will be blank with no items on it so I am stuck.
DavidK

Postby Jim » Thu May 21, 2015 10:31 am

Can you create a new temporary page for testing and see if you can add products to that page?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu May 21, 2015 10:36 am

Where is your store hosted? What version of ShopSite is it running? (Click on the ShopSite icon in the top navigation of the merchant interface and then look in the footer of the page for the version number. it should be something like "ShopSite® Pro 12 sp1 r4, StoreID: qa121"
Jim
Site Admin

Postby DavidK » Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 am

I have not tried to create a new page. None of the pages will accept new items.

My version # is ShopSite® Pro 12 sp1 r3.1
DavidK

Return to User Forum