Paypal Issues

General ShopSite user discussion

Paypal Issues

Postby xylemdesign » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello everyone,

We had an issue with our paypal where payment was being sent to a non-existing paypal account. The orders were only processed through shopsite halfway because payment was never confirmed and sent back to shopsite to fully process the order. Is there anywhere in shopsite where the information about these orders would be stored? I talked to paypal and they only receive the amount charged and not details about the about the order, like product or address. Paypal also accidentally denied all these payments so we can't process them to complete the transaction for shopsite. We need to contact the customers and fix this as they are expecting there products soon.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: I noticed there is a paypal pending option in the orders page (/bo/orderhandler.cgi) but I don't know what field it's related to.
xylemdesign

Re: Paypal Issues

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:18 pm

The 'paypal pending' search in the Orders menu only refers to orders placed via PayPal Express Checkout. Based on your description, you are using the older PayPal Standard payment method where the order is only logged in ShopSite as an order once PayPal's IPN tells ShopSite the transaction was 'Complete'. If PayPal cancelled these transactions, then they could never become Complete, I guess. There is nowhere in ShopSite that you can see the info from these carts (they are just uncompleted shopping carts as far as it is concerned), but you could look in the data/moreip/ directory for files starting with 'pp' and see if you can get any shopper info from that.

And in the future consider using PayPal Express Checkout, not the old PayPal Standard. Better flow for the shopper, they don't have to enter their address twice, no chance of the shopper addresses being different in PayPal and ShopSite, finalize the order on your site not on PayPals, the product details can be sent over to PayPal Express Checkout, doesn't rely on the IPN callbacks to know the order is completed, etc etc.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum