Mastercards declining and shouldn't

General ShopSite user discussion

Mastercards declining and shouldn't

Postby tmorg » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm

We are having an issue where Mastercards are getting declined and we can go to our FirstData site and that process. I can't find any reason for this failure. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
tmorg

Re: Mastercards declining and shouldn't

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Do you have an example of the error codes returned by your payment gateway when they are declining the cards? If you enable the 'Display Error Details' option in the gateway's settings in ShopSite then when the order is declined it will show the detailed codes/messages from your gateway to the shopper, who can then provide them to you and you can take them to the gateway to ask them why the transaction(s) was declined. And if you have ShopSite Pro 11 sp2 and newer, you should be able to see these messages in the Commerce Setup -> Merchant Alerts feature, too.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby tmorg » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:29 pm

We are running 11 sp2 but I don't see error codes or a place to turn on error codes. I only see tracking ID.
tmorg

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Are you talking about in the Merchant Alerts menu? Click on an individual alert to expand it to see the details.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby tmorg » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:53 pm

I've done that. There are no error codes only shows declined. We then went directly to first data and it processed.
tmorg

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Bummer, generally any error codes returned by the gateway would be logged in the Merchant Alert. I guess you will have to contact your payment gateway, then, and have them look at the details of the declined transactions. I'm assuming that the transactions are actually getting to the gateway, at least if other credit card orders are successful.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby tmorg » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:42 pm

We only use the store in house so I'll have the agents processing screenshot the error codes are they pop-up during processing. They stated that they do show there but apparently not on the alerts detail page
tmorg

Postby tmorg » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:08 pm

A followuop to this issue. If the card fails 1 time due to incorrect exp date or something and we correct it and try to process again it fails for Fraud every time. Is there a Fraud timeout or something?
tmorg

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Questions about fraud filter features and settings would be questions for your payment gateway.
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum