FedEx shipping rates

General ShopSite user discussion

FedEx shipping rates

Postby hiamps » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Lately when a Canadian customer picks FedEx the rate shopsite offers is a lot lower than the actual cost. The last order from Yesterday shows $38.70 for 12 lbs to Calgary when it actually costs me $59.81 and I am really getting tired of being cussed out by Canadians. I called FedEx and they say it is Shopsites fault so I figure maybe you have a FedEx contact that I can call as they don't seem to know anything about shopsite. I have lost lots of sales and am about to take Canada out of the places we ship to. Please help!
hiamps

Re: FedEx shipping rates

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:12 pm

ShopSite displays the rates it received from FedEx it doesn't do any modification to them.

Check to make sure you have your products configured exactly correct for size, weight, package type etc. Also make sure you have the FedEx options on Commerce Setup > Shipping > FedEx configured for the shipping methods that allow international orders. Also make sure that you have the V13 Rate Api version selected.

Note that FedEx may not include non-shipping charges such as border tarrifs in the price they return to ShopSite so that could be where part of the price difference is coming from.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to User Forum