Update Google Analytics to GA.JS

General ShopSite user discussion

Update Google Analytics to GA.JS

Postby Firegiants » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:40 pm

Greetings
Google Analytics is offering a new tracking script, but the current shopsite doesn't read it correctly. Any chance you could update that fairly soon?
Many thanks
scot
Firegiants

Postby beley » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:36 pm

I noticed this too. There aren't any new features using the new tracking code, so you can paste in the old code for the time being and get the same reports.

I hope Shopsite comes out with an update soon though... I think GA might be releasing some new features soon and I'd sure like to take advantage of them!
Brandon Eley
Certified ShopSite Designer
beley

Postby extragear » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:27 am

Greetings:

Any update to this? Just curious.

Thanks
Tim Sweeney
extragear

Postby ShopSite David » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am

Then new Google Analytics code is now supported in ShopSite v10.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

New google analytics code/when hosting providers offer v10

Postby VDCUSA » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Is there an anticipated date/release date on when you will offer merchant resales of v. 10- i.e., specifically hosting companies 3rd party resales/bundling of your product with their shared hosting accounts?
I have tried to query VERIO and they say- "when ShopSite gives it to us."
Is there at least an anticipated release date to those 3rd parties? I understand it is out of your hands when they decide to include it in their offerings, test it across their servers, etc.
It is just very helpful when putting together annual plans, budgets, etc for 2009 to give management an anticipated time of when we will need that upgrade, planning for dev time (fix any errors or glitches that come up), etc.

thanks!
Vitamin Discount Center, LLC
VDCUSA

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:28 pm

When we release a new version it is immediately available for download by our reseller partners. However, a new released is not necessarily immediately available on all operating systems supported by ShopSite. For v10 it is currently available for Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris/SPARC servers. The main two operating systems that Verio hosts with are FreeBSD and Windows. So v10 for FreeBSD is available now. v10 for Windows should be available later this month.

My understanding is that if a Verio merchant on their FreeBSD platform asks to be upgraded to v10 then they will do that. If you are on a Windows server I'm afraid you will need to wait a little longer until we release for that server and until Verio then has some time to test the release.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby VDCUSA » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:53 am

Hello David - thanks for the update. What I feared- because of course we are on a windows server. oh well. Sounds like Feb or March. And I will keep pestering Verio, to see what they say about testing down their servers.
ok- Thanks!
Vitamin Discount Center, LLC
VDCUSA

Postby ShopSite David » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:15 am

FYI, ShopSite v10 for Windows Servers was just released.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to User Forum