patch to fix issues with Google Base/Froogle data feeds
Product: ShopSite Manager and Pro
Version: v8.3 and newer
I have ShopSite v8.3 or newer and am using the Google Base/Froogle/Google Product Search feature via the FTP connection method, and recently my feeds have been completely or partially rejected by Google Base. Are there any patches available to resolve this?
Solution ID: S5528
In March 2008 Google Base made several changes to their feed import parser that prevented some ShopSite product feeds using the FTP connection mechanism from being accepted. An issue with the 'weight' element was addressed in the v9.0.3 maintenance release (see http://support.shopsite.com/kbase/view_answer.php?questionID=S5527), however subsequently additional issues were encountered. A patch has been issued for ShopSite v9.0.3 that addresses these additional Google Base changes (all known at this time). IF YOU HAVE AN EARLIER VERSION OF SHOPSITE, PLEASE UPGRADE TO v9.0.3 BEFORE APPLYING THIS PATCH.
This patch address the issues listed below. The patch files are located on the ShopSite partners FTP site in the [your_os]/v9.0.3/patch/ directory, so please contact your ShopSite reseller so that they can download and apply these patches for you.
To patch your store, retrieve the following files in BINARY ftp mode and place them in their appropriate directory of your store, making sure that the permissions on the new files are set to be executable. As always, we recommend that you back up the current files before replacing them with the patch files.
The following 2 patch files should be installed in the ShopSite CGI Directory (this directory is usually named 'ss' or 'bo'):
libsscommon.so.1 (common.dll, for Windows Server platforms)
The following issues are addressed by these patches:
* adds sending 'g:id' element with each product in FTP and API feeds.
* removes sending of 'delete' transactions that were used in the API feeds, this is replaced by the "update" functionality of the 'g:id' element.
* removes type="text" attribute from 'title' elements for all products.
* removes 'batch:operation' elements from FTP feed.
* adds sending 'g:application', 'g:application_domain' elements for each product in the API feeds (FTP feeds don't accept these elements).
* escapes high-ASCII characters from data coming from merchant-editable text fields in ShopSite (Product Name, Description, More Info Text, Google Product Type, Google Brand).
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
18th of November, 2008