9.0.2 maintenance release fixes some problems with v9.0 and v9.0.1
Version: v9.0 and v9.0.1
Platform: Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris-SPARC
I have ShopSite v9.0 or v9.0.1 and am experiencing some technical problems, are there any patches or new releases available?
Solution ID: S5526
Yes, maintenance release v9.0.2 is now available for the Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris-SPARC server operating systems (v9.0.2 is the initial release for Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server).
This maintenance release addresses the issues listed below:
* fixes an issue that would prevent Google Checkout from working for merchants configuring it for the first time in v9.0.
* fixes an issue with some Pro stores using per-product Cross-sell with the Cross-sell Destination set to 'Search Destination' that would cause the shopping cart screen to be incomplete after adding a product with Cross-sell to the cart.
* adds the new security image on all shopping cart screens in all ShopSite default shopping cart templates.
* adds a new message on the Google Checkout pre-cart screen if a shopper attempts to enter a one-time-use Free Shipping Coupon that tells them they must proceed with the regular checkout in order to use this coupon.
* fixes an issue where the two-character country code could display for the shopper's country in completed orders instead of the full country name if the shopping cart is configured to use a feature that requires the Country field to be a pull-down menu.
* adds Switzerland to the list of available FedEx countries.
* fixes an issue where pages marked not to be indexed were actually indexed and products assigned to these pages appeared in the search results.
* fixes search to ignore some/most punctuation on the end of search terms .?!:-, at word ends during search.
* fixes an issue that would cause the page and product with an internal record number of 0 in the page and product tables to not be found in the search results for some merchants who were upgraded from pre-8.1 versions of ShopSite.
* fixes an upload issue with the Safari v3x web browser caused by Safari's changes to the length of their MIME-encoded boundary marker. This Safari v3x browser change affected any file uploads to ShopSite including Image Upload, Database Upload, Digital Download file uploads, custom template file uploads, etc.
* reduces memory usage required to index product data for the store search.
* fixes field name "Use Froogle" to be "Google Base" in tab-delimited and XML downloads to reflect the new label for this field. Uploads will still accept either name.
* fixes an issue that allowed the Authorize.net-specific 'eCheck' payment method to be enabled when the Authorize.net payment gateway was not selected. This eCheck method will only work with the Authorize.net payment gateway.
* fixes an issue in Pro stores upgraded from v4.x or v5.x versions of ShopSite directly to v9.0 that could cause the lineitems in orders placed after the upgrade to not display in the View Orders screen.
* fixes an issue that would cause an SQL query error message when searching for buySAFE orders via the Pro backoffice order search.
* fixes an issue that could be caused by XML order downloads if the application parsing the XML download file was not expecting the buySAFE XML elements in the file. For this fix, buySAFE XML elements were removed for all XML order download versions older than v9.0.
* fixes an issue that could cause a browser security warning on the Preferences -> Search Settings -> Search Logging -> Search Details menu if a merchant is running their entire backoffice via https://
* adds new smaller security images, also adds the ability to choose between two different color schemes for the security image.
* fixes the [-- PRODUCT.MoreInfoURL --] tag so that it works correctly in a [-- DEFINE PRODUCT_CROSS_SELL --] section of a product template.
* fixes an issue in the Modern theme that caused cross-sell items ordered from the 'master' product's More Info Page to contain the name of the 'master' product along with the name of the cross-sell product once added to the cart.
* fixes issues with the Checkout button in the Modern theme's 'Natural' and 'Muted' colorschemes that caused the image to be missing from the shopping cart screen.
* fixes a template issue that caused search fields on pages in the Clean, Modern, and Tabbed Navigation themes to be limited to a certain number of characters, limiting the search terms the shopper could search on.
* fixes an issue with the Check Permissions step when upgrading from ShopSite v8.0x or older. The check would fail because it was checking for symbolic links that didn't exist in these older versions of ShopSite.
* fixes an issue that would cause the upgrade to fail when upgrading the store search indexes when encountering a product with many " (doublequote) characters in the product data.
* reduces memory usage required to upgrade store search indexes.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
14th of November, 2008