8.0.2 maintenance release fixes some problems with v8.0 and v8.0.1
Version: v8.0 and v8.0.1
I have ShopSite v8.0 or v8.0.1 and am experiencing some technical problems, are there any patches or new releases available?
Solution ID: S5510
Yes, maintenance release v8.0.2 is now available. This new maintenance release addresses the issues listed below:
* Fixed a problem where the purchaser's custom message was not correctly included in Gift Certificate emails.
* Fixed a problem that could have prevented merchants using the EUR (euro) currency from being able to use the mini-cart on their store pages.
* Fixed an issue where in some instances stores with long text (and text with a lot of special/HTML characters) in their shipping option names would cause garbage in the name and amount of the first shipping option in the list in the Shopping Cart.
* Fixed the per-line item quantity value in the mini-cart cookie so that it reflects the quantity instead of the price of the lineitem.
* Fixed an issue with Order API and one-time use coupons, where the B0x- block of values for the coupon were not being sent to the Order API custom cgi for these single-use coupons.
* ShopSite will allow a PayPal Website Payments Express order from a shopper with no first name in their PayPal account.
* PayPal Website Payments Pro's Direct API method requires a CVV2 code from each shopper, so the option to not require this was removed from the merchant settings.
* If PayPal Website Payments Pro Direct API is used by the merchant, the State pull-down is now used instead of a text entry field (this PayPal method requires specific state codes for US and Canada shoppers that may not have been correctly provided by the shopper if they entered the State themselves).
* Escaped special characters from shopper-provided data to use in the XML communication with the several payment gateways that communicate via XML.
* Escaped special characters from shopper-provided data to use in the XML communication with UPS's Address Verification Service.
* For email receipts generated by ShopSite using an SMTP server, extraneous spaces were removed from the SMTP commands, and a Date header was added to emails sent both through SMTP and the sendmail binary.
* Fixed an issue where in certain instances shoppers in Manager and Starter stores using a real-time payment gateway may notice an internal server error if they try to Empty Cart after having their order rejected by the payment gateway.
* Fixed a problem that was causing page/product tab-delimited uploads to fail if the first column of data in the upload file is being ignored.
* Added Gift Certificates (purchases and redemptions) to QuickBooks IIF download.
* Fixed a problem that could have prevented all products in a store from being indexed for the shopper search feature if there were more Pages than Products.
* Fixed a problem where only the first Digital Download key (in an order containing multiple Digital Download products) would be sent in the email generated by the Send Keys function on the View Orders screen.
* Fixed a problem that prevented orders placed via the old CyberCash payment gateway to not be billed via the ShopSite backoffice (an error message similar to "Reason: Order-id '1051014143719656 Authorization Code:150...' is longer than 40 characters" would be encountered when trying to bill CyberCash orders). Note: any existing users of the CyberCash gateway can also contact their VeriSign account rep about migrating to VeriSign Payflow Pro.
* Re-arranged and re-labeled PayPal Website Payments Pro settings to make their function and source more clear to merchants when configuring this PayPal method.
* Updated the URL for the Paymentech Orbital gateway server, also added dropdown box to select Test vs Live server in merchant settings for the Orbital gateway.
* Fixed a problem that prevented Paymentech Orbital gateway users with a TerminalID (TID) other than 001 from using that gateway in ShopSite.
* Added sending of the 'ShopSite Transaction ID' in the x_po_num field for Authorize.net payment gateway transactions.
* Removed the More Information Page Description from the Meta Description tags in the More Information Pages generated by the Awesome Orange and Elite themes.
* Corrected HTML around the search form created on the Search Results page of the shopper search feature.
* Added support for Variable Price, Variable Name, and Variable Sku in Awesome Orange theme.
* Fixed a UPS problem for ShopSite merchants hosted outside of the United States caused by a difference in the response formatting from UPS's new non-US datacenters.
* Changed the return to store URL in Gift Certificate emails to use the merchant-configurable 'MyStore URL' setting instead of the non-configurable URL from the ShopSite license file.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
14th of November, 2008