group of patches fixes some problems with v8.2.1 (Linux, FreeBSD)
Platform: Linux, FreeBSD
I have ShopSite v8.2.1 and am experiencing some technical problems, are there any patches or new releases available?
Solution ID: S5522
Yes, a group of patches for v8.2.1 is now available for the Linux and FreeBSD server platforms (v8.2 has not yet been released for Windows or Solaris-SPARC platforms, and when it does become available on those platforms these fixes will be included). IF YOU HAVE AN EARLIER VERSION OF SHOPSITE, PLEASE UPGRADE TO v8.2.1 BEFORE APPLYING THESE PATCHES. These patches address the issues listed below. The patch files are located on the ShopSite partners FTP site in the [your_os]/v8.2.1/patch/ directory, so please contact your ShopSite reseller so that they can download and apply these patches for you.
To patch your store, retrieve the file(s) in BINARY ftp mode (unless otherwise specified) and place them in their appropriate directory of your store, making sure that the permissions on the new file are set to be executable. As always, we recommend that you back up the current file before replacing it with the patch.
The following 5 patch files should be installed in the Shopping Cart CGI Directory (this directory is usually named 'sc' or 'sb'):
billing.cgi, order.cgi, productsearch.cgi, proipn.cgi, thankyou.cgi
The following 6 patch files should be installed in the ShopSite CGI Directory (this directory is usually named 'ss' or 'bo'):
libsscommon.so.1, mediam.cgi, payconfig.cgi, products.cgi, froogle.cgi, orderhandler.cgi
FIXES BY FILE(S):
* Fixed issue with the shopper product search that could cause the search results screen to end after the first product or first product with subproducts.
* Fixed issue that could prevent non-US shoppers from being able to checkout if the Paymentech Orbital payment gateway was enabled.
* Fixed issue with a browser secure content warning on some backoffice screens that could occur for merchants that access all of their ShopSite backoffice via an https:// secure URL.
* Fixed issue that caused the new PayPal Pro Express Checkout button to display in the shopping cart if the merchant had enabled the new 'Display Express Checkout Button' option in the PayPal Pro settings, even if they subsequently disabled the PayPal Pro 'Express Checkout' payment method.
* Fixed ShopSite Pro issue that could cause newly assigned products to be added to a product page in a sorted order (and the previous order of the products on the page to be changed in favor of a sorted order) even though the page's Sort Order setting was set to 'None'.
* Fixed issue where the act of changing or adding a Product Graphic image via the Edit Product Info would also change the More Info Page Graphic's setting to the same image, and vice versa.
* Fixed issue where subproduct prices would not display on the More Info Pages of products assigned one of the legacy built-in templates (Default Product Template, Graphic Over Text, Compact, Inline, One Line, etc).
* Fixed issue with the shopper product search not returning results for products with a manually-specified Search Destination URL (Pro-only)
billing.cgi, order.cgi, proipn.cgi, thankyou.cgi, orderhandler.cgi
* Changed the shopping cart identifier sent to PayPal per PayPal's request
* Fixed issue that could cause Google Checkout orders for shoppers who used a single name in their Google Checkout address to not show as orders in ShopSite and generate error reports in the merchant's Google Checkout account.
* Fixed issue that could cause an error report in the merchant's Google Checkout account if Google Checkout tried to send its 'new order notification' callback but the shopping cart files for the particular shopper no longer existed on the ShopSite side.
* Fixed issue that prevented VeriSign's Buyer Authentication (aka Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureSource) feature from working for merchants with this option enabled and shoppers with this feature enabled on their credit cards.
* Fixed issue with Publishes not completing if the web user did not have permissions to write to the media directory (or it's subdirectories) where product and page images are located. Also fixed issue with the Images -> Edit Image function not working (resulting in a blank page) for the same reason.
* Work around a Froogle/Google Base error caused by Google's server not correctly calculating expiration time when products are listed for 30 days.
* Added the three-character currency code of the Primary Currency setting to the XML feed data sent to Froogle.
* Fixed Manager issue with newly assigned products not being added to the end of the page they were assigned to, instead the products would be inserted in a sorted order which also messed up the order the products were previously on the page.
* Change Google Checkout processing to only complete ShopSite order when a order-state-change-notification callback of CHARGEABLE is received.
* Fixed issue with Fed-Ex-configured stores where adding a zero-weight product to the shopping cart after a non-zero-weight product can cause and the shopping cart process to hang up for the particular shopper.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
14th of November, 2008