8.0.1 maintenance release fixes some problems with initial v8.0
I have ShopSite v8.0 and am experiencing some technical problems, are there any patches or new releases available?
Solution ID: S5508
Yes, maintenance release v8.0.1 is now available. This new maintenance release addresses the issues listed below:
* Stores using the LinkPoint payment gateway and upgrading to v8.0 from a previous ShopSite version would receive an error "Required payment processing parameter missing" when trying to place (or bill) a credit card order until going to the LinkPoint settings menu (Commerce Setup -> Payment -> Configure Processor) and clicking the Save Changes button.
* Stores using the VeriSign payment gateway who had previously changed their Host setting in previous ShopSite versions (where the Host setting was a text field) to include upper-case characters may have unknowingly reset their Host setting to use the test server if they went to the VeriSign settings menu and saved changes without noticing that the new Host pull-down had the text server selected.
* For stores using the VeriSign Payflow Pro payment gateway, the shopper's country information will now only be passed to VeriSign by the shopping cart if you have the Country pull-down enabled in Commerce Setup -> State and Country. This is because VeriSign needs the ISO codes for the country so country data typed by the shopper in a text entry field will not work for them. This information is necessary for some VeriSign Fraud Protection (an optional service from VeriSign) filters that use the country information, otherwise it does not affect credit card processing through VeriSign.
* If your products included more than one Ordering Options pull-down and the pull-downs are displayed on a store page, if pull-downs other than the first one affected the product price (Ordering Options Pricing), those price changes would not be reflected immediately when the product is first added to the cart.
* An 'AUTOCOMPLETE=off' attribute was added to the payment fields so IE browsers which may have been remembering the payment info for future use would not do so.
* If you configured your cart to accept (and a shopper used) a Generic Payment Option, the values entered by the shopper for the Generic Payment Options fields did not display on the View Orders screen (they were still available in the Orders download).
* An issue was resolved that was only observed in brand new v8.0 stores (not upgraded from an earlier ShopSite version) on FreeBSD servers (and certain Linux servers) where the merchant could not proceed past the second page of the Setup Wizard because of an 'Out of Memory!' error.
* Products found in the product search via a search where one of the search terms contained an '&' (ampersand, for example 'm&m') could not be ordered from the search results page.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
14th of November, 2008