9.0.3 maintenance release fixes some problems with v9.0x
Version: v9.0, v9.0.1, v9.0.2
I have ShopSite v9.0, v9.0.1, or v9.0.2 and am experiencing some technical problems, are there any patches or new releases available?
Solution ID: S5527
Yes, maintenance release v9.0.3 is now available for the Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Windows 2000/2003 operating systems.
This maintenance release addresses the issues listed below:
* fixes an issue where coupons used in an order were not displayed in a registered shopper's view of a completed order in their Customer Registration account's order history.
* fixes an issue with USPS shipping that would occur with US shoppers who enter their entire Zip+4 in the shopping cart postal code field and would get no USPS rates and an error message stating 'There are no USPS shipping options that can ship the entire order.'
* fixes an issue where a shopper clicking the shopping cart buttons where the submit button is a broken image using a Firefox/Netscape/Mozilla browser could cause the shopper to just be redirected to the store home page due to the different way these browsers submit information when the submit button images are missing.
* fixes a misspelling on the 'Continue Checkout' button used in the shopping cart with the Gray color of the Tabbed Navigation theme.
* fixes an issue with PayPal Website Payments Pro's direct access payment gateway that could cause some orders to be authorized by the gateway but rejected by ShopSite because of PayPal's new 'SuccessWithWarning' return code used in certain instances, for example when the shopper is a non-US shopper.
* fixes a USPS issue with APO and FPO addresses that would cause an Internal Server Error in the shopping cart if a shopper entered an APO or FPO zip code in the shopping cart when the USPS feature was enabled.
* fixes an issue that would cause a product's Customer Text Entry field (freeopt) data to not be passed to the cart when the product is added if that product is also part of a Quantity Pricing Group.
* adds Media Mail and Library Mail shipping options to the USPS shipping integration.
* adds FedEx Ground shipping options to the FedEx shipping integration for shoppers shipping to Canada and Puerto Rico (previously the FedEx Ground options were only for continental US destinations).
* fixes an issue that could cause some search results pages to be blank or have fewer than normal search results, with the 'missing' results representing subproducts that are not themselves assigned to a ShopSite page. These products do not themselves show up in the results, so they should not be counted among those that do.
* fixes an issue with the Free Shipping Coupon that would cause the 'reduced by' text and amount, that should be added to the shipping option name in the case where the coupon does not apply to all products in the cart, to not appear in the free shipping option name if the merchant chose to display the shipping options as radio buttons instead of the default pull-down list.
* fixes a 'Modern' theme issue with the 'Return to Cart' button/link that appears on the Customer Registration error screen a shopper would see if trying to register or sign-in without cookies enabled. If a shopper (without cookies enabled) clicked this link, they would see an 'Error In Form' message instead of their shopping cart.
* fixes an issue with Free Shipping Coupons that only apply to certain products and some ShopSite Shipping methods that use a base price, the base price was not removed from the shipping option in the case where the qualifying products (the ones assigned to the Free Shipping coupon) were the only ones in the cart.
* fixes a Customer Registration issue in Pro stores upgraded to v8.x or v9.x from v7.0x that could prevent shoppers whose registration accounts were created when the ShopSite was v7.0 from being able to successfully log in with that old account information.
* fixes an issue with the Elite Blue and Elite Tan themes where the 'Buy Certificate' button on the Gift Certificate purchase screen was a broken image.
* adds a META ROBOTS tag to all default shopping cart, search, gift certificate, customer registration, and tell a friend templates that did not already have them, to indicate to search engines that the content on these screens should not be indexed for their search results.
* fixes an issue with USPS First-Class Mail rates being much too high in the shopping cart since changes USPS made to their API responses approximately in early March, 2008.
* fixes an issue where a shopper could get an Internal Server Error when trying to checkout using Google Checkout if the merchant had configured a very long (longer than 255 characters) shipping option name or included % characters in a shipping option name.
* fixes an issue that could cause a merchant to not be able to access their Orders menu (would receive and Internal Server Error message) if they had received a Google Checkout order for which Google was sending excessive numbers of callbacks for.
* fixes an issue that caused the 'Ignore Subproducts during indexing' checkbox setting on the Utilities -> Publish menu to not have any effect (all search terms found in the subproducts would bring up the 'parent' product in the search results).
* fixes an issue where attempting to configure PayPal Payflow Pro in a v9 store that was upgraded from a v7.x or older version of ShopSite could cause an Internal Server Error and not allow this gateway to be configured.
* fixes an issue with the timezone format in the Google sitemap XML file created by ShopSite on Windows Server platforms that would cause those files to not be validated by Google Webmaster Tools.
* fixes an issue with the Google Base feeds that would cause the feed to be rejected by Google Base if the page or More Info Page filenames are in a subdirectory of the ShopSite output directory (indicated by a / in the Filename field of the page or product record).
* fixes an issue that could cause the warning 'Active table has more fields than default table: 62 vs 61 (Purchase)' in the Database -> Check Status status report if the store had been upgraded from a previous ShopSite version.
* adds clarification to the USPS shipping registration instructions to notify USPS that the USPS APIs used by the ShopSite shopping cart are, specifically, the 'Rate Calculators APIs'.
* fixes an issue where an image's attributes (alt, border, hspace, vspace, etc) were not preserved when the Move function is used in the Images menu.
* fixes an issue with resized images where the alternate text set for the original image is not preserved/copied in the settings for the resized image.
* fixes an issue with the Digital Download file management that would allow the top-level 'download' directory to be renamed or deleted by the merchant, which would break the Digital Download feature.
* fixes a Publish issue that would cause the Publish to stop in the indexing phase when a product with a VERY long name was encountered.
* adds a warning for merchants entering product shipping dimensions if they enter a height or width that is greater than the length. Generally, the longest dimension should be the Length, which should be in the first position in the dimension entered. Also, an email will be sent to the merchant if a shopper attempts to order a product with dimension settings larger than those allowed by USPS.
* adds an option in the Google Product Search configuration to specify or not specify the weight units when sending the feed to Google Base. This fixes a recent (March 2008) issue with feeds being rejected by Google Base caused by a Google change to their feed specs.
* adds several database performance improvements, including some to help shoppers work with their shopping cart and search for products while merchants with large (in regards to number of items) stores are publishing or uploading.
* adds support for Google Checkout for UK merchants.
* fixes an issue that could prevent email-based Gift Certificates from being sent when using the 'Cross Sell' theme, due to a missing template include file, CrossSell-Sky-gc-em.css
* fixes an issue sending the Gift Certificate emails using the 'Cross Sell' theme that would generate a template warning: 'CrossSell-Sky-gc : Template Error: Include tag has bad optional parameter'
* fixes an 'Elite' theme issue with broken Add to Cart button images on the More Information Pages in Manager stores using this theme.
* fixes a 'Modern' theme issue with an extra Gift Certificate field on the shopping cart in that theme.
* fixes an issue with the product's 'made' search page that would cause the shopper to see the message 'The more info pages are not generated in the preview mode' if trying to click on a More Info Page link, if there is one on the 'made' page.
* fixes the currency symbol for the Peruvian currency, and the currency number format for the Hungarian currency.
* fixes an issue in the merchant email notifications where the text 'Customer name' could not be customized.
* fixes an issue where the link text for the 'Home' link used in the Cross Sell, Classy, Awesome, Gradient, and Elite themes was not configurable in Manager or Starter stores. It is now configurable in the Preferences -> Store Text -> Store Pages menu for all product levels.
* fixes the High Security Image feature to use the server's local time zone time when getting the date to place on the dynamically-generated image instead of using the base Greenwich Mean Time setting.
* fixes an issue with the 'Clean' theme where the product price was not displaying on the More Info Pages.
* fixes an issue with the 'Clean' theme where the content of a page's Text 1 and Text 2 fields may not be visible on the generated page.
* adds Gift Certificate and Tell A Friend links to pages and More Info Pages using the 'Stained Glass' theme, if those features are enabled.
* adds Quantity Pricing tables to the More Info Pages of the 'Modern' and 'Clean' themes if Quantity Pricing is enabled for the product.
* adds the Mini-cart feature to the 'Clean' theme.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
14th of November, 2008